Squats are great because you can do them anywhere, inside or outside, AND you need no equipment AS you are using your own body weight to provide the resistance.
But you must focus on the quality, as much as the quantity.
What they are good for:
Strengthening your legs. Plus, making your knees more stable.
How to do a squat:
This is a classic exercise that is often done poorly or incorrectly, which can negate any benefit or, worse, cause injury
Learning to do this properly is important.
1. Stand with feet a little wider than hip width, toes facing front.
2. Drive your hips back—bending at the knees and ankles and pressing your knees slightly open—as you…
3. Sit into a squat position while still keeping your heels and toes on the ground, chest up and shoulders back.
4. Strive to eventually reach parallel, meaning knees are bent to a 90-degree angle.
5. Press into your heels and straighten legs to return to a standing upright position.