Steps are an exercise where you raise up and down on a step.
Steps help with:
Raising your heart rate, so you get out of breath plus it will strengthen your lower body muscles. Great for weight loss and burning calories.
How to do use steps in your exercise regime:
- Build this into your stamina sessions, so you combine this with walking/running, to mix up your routine. Can be combined into other exercise regimes (e.g. stretching, strength training etc.)
- Find a step, such as the bottom of a stair way, and step onto the first step, step down, up again, down again, and so on. Go slow to start with, make sure you are safe and balanced. Use the stair rail or banister to help maintain your balance.
- Do a number that you feel comfortable with, for instance – five up, five down. Have breaks and ensure your joints are taking the strain without pressure. Maybe use a timer to do this for a period, rather than a number.
- Find your level and don’t push it. The idea is to progress over weeks and months.
- Stay relaxed, enjoy the effect, and be patient. Nothing positive occurs for a while when exercising.