- These exercises are designed for the over 50s
- Any exercise regime must be started only after checking with a medical expert, such as your Doctor, that the specific exercises included are suitable for you, based on your health and fitness
- Every individual is different, so you must work out your own individual needs, and what amongst the exercises are most useful – and possible
- Stamina is about building up your aerobic fitness, so you can walk further, faster and have greater endurance.
How to work out what to do:
Understand your starting point, and how you want to develop and build your stamina.
Create a plan and set targets.
Use equipment, such as an app which monitors number of walking steps, calories burnt etc.
If you can, do as much of your exercise outside as possible.
Develop stamina sessions, and slowly increase these in number and duration.
- Get checked out before you start
- Get regular check ups and monitor your health and fitness level as you progress
- Get help from experts , join a class if you can
- Nutrition and improvements in diet help to maintain a great body weight and keep you fit, just as much as the exercise does.